Sent: Monday, February 16, 2015 1:12 PM
Subject: LOVE YOUR PIZZA!!!Dear Fricano's Pizza,I 1st had your pizza (dare I label the delicious "manna from Heaven" as just pizza!) when I lived in Holland, MI in the mid-80s. From the moment I smelled it, I knew there would be no other food on Earth to match it. However, I live in Southern IL...like 9 hrs away, and I still crave it 30 years later. I crave it so much I am considering moving to the area just so I can relive this "food of the gods" experience again. In the meantime, is there any way I could get some shipped to me? I have raved about your pizza for 30 years to every one I know...I always say the same thing..."Yeah, I guess it qualifies as pizza, but it's not nearly as good as Fricano's! You want good pizza...you gotta go to Michigan and get Fricano's." I would love to have some in the mean time to show others what "THE BEST PIZZA ON EARTH" is like.Thanks, xxxx
- "Best thin crust pizza in Michigan. I love the thin crust pizza. Flavor is the best. You have to try this place."
- Jennifer Winslow, April 6, 2015, Facebook.com
- "One of the few reasons i have to come back to Michigan right here ladies and gentlemen"
- Adam Visser, April 6, 2015, Facebook.com
- "Best pizza in the world is here!"
- Dan K., November 13, 2011, foursquare.com
- "i have family members that drive here from indiana just to get fricanos pizza, they also bring some back home and freeze for later!"
- Szprogers, December 23, 2010, tripadvisor.com
- "Best thin crust pizza in Michigan IMO! We make it a stop every time we visit grand haven."
- John S., July 20, 2010, foursquare.com
- "I don't even like thin crust and the pizza is still amazing"
- Amanda O., June 4, 2013, foursquare.com
- "Best pizza in the world. Nothing compares. Nuff said"
- Nick K., 8/14/2010, yelp.com
- "If Fricano's Pizza was a TV show, you'd call it a "cult favorite". Best pizza in the world - very very thin crust"
- Multiple O., 1/18/2014, yelp.com
- "I find myself daydreaming on a regular basis about their mouth watering, thin-crust pizza."
- Bethany Y, November 17, 2012, tripadvisor.com
- "There should a sixth star option for this place."
- Justin Jagger, July, 2014, facebook.com
- "Absolutely the best pizza in the state! I could honestly eat it everyday!"
- Justin R. Herder, October, 2014, facebook.com
Is the pizza the same in Grand Rapids as it is in Grand Haven?
Because the Grand Haven location has procured such a high status for its thousands of faithful patrons, this question is Fricano's most popular. As Doug says "he is Grand Haven." If the pizza pies were not the same the faithful followers would know and be the first to tell Doug there is a difference. No one has yet to find even the slightest discrepancy in the locations. They are truly one and the same pizza.
Is there only one size?
Yes. One size fits all. 12" thin crust. It's easier to steer people as to how much pizza to buy when there is only one size to choose from.
Why are there no onions available?
In staying with tradition, it was never offered as an original item, plus our taste and flavor does not need any help from an onion.
What is bird seed?
Bird seed is the shaken spice added to the top of every pizza sold.
Is there other pizzas than just an EBA?
Yes. You can order any combination of toppings we offer. Some people think that an EBA (everything but anchovies) is all we offer.
Do you ever cut your finger with the scissors?
No. The scissors are safer than other ways of slicing a pizza.
Can I have a knife?
What's the secret of why a Fricano's pizza is so good?
You need to have eaten a Fricano's pizza to fully answer that question, but reading all of our web pages will help.
Why aren't there more Fricano's pizzerias?
We're up to six locations now, but many feel we should franchise nationwide. We are not interested in making lots of money, just making the best pizza you've ever had.
What is a Fricano's pizza?
See our pizza page.
Why do they always taste different?
It can or can't be said they do or don't taste different from time to time. The pizzas play on everyone's senses to such a huge degree that changes in mood for one person at different times can influence how they perceive the taste of the pizza.
Do you deliver?
No. It is too risky and we were never brought up delivering pizzas.
What if I don't want to eat it right now?
Most people can't wait to get home before it's all gone, but if you need to put off eating it lock it in the trunk of your car.
What are the options?
See our home page.
What kind of pizza is this?
This is a true pizza pie the way pizza was meant to be like back in the real old days.
Why aren't all pizzas like this?
Cause no one has our recipe but the Fricano's. We are just lucky to know how not to make them like everyone else does.
How hot are your ovens?
Hot. 650•F average.
How do you eat it?
Anyway you like, just enjoy every bite.
How thin is it?
It's never been measured, but it is thin
Do you have a thick crust pizza?
We make our own personal thick crust pizza for the holidays. It is only available for private family consumption and not offered to the general public. It too is very tasty.
Can you open a restaurant near my house?
It means a lot to people to be accessible to a Fricano's. People can't help but drive 30 miles or more for one. That's why our customers would like to have one close to their homes to save on gas, money and time.
What kind of cheese is that?
You'll never know.
Is there always a line at the door on Friday and Saturday?
Yes. Business is so brisk that people wait in line to get in every Friday and Saturday of the year.
Can I get an uncooked pizza and cook it at home?
No. See our home page for the options available.
Why do you put the extra sauce on top of the cheese?
Some people are just crazy about our sauce and want it on top as well as the bottom. It is good that way.
Is there a discount for large orders?
No. Straight pricing the whole way around.